
"Did you ever get the feeling that we started in the middle? Or have you ever had the sense that we were lying just a little? I mean come on…it's not like we knew ourselves that long." – John Mayer
Do you ever consider your own personality characteristics? I mean… think about it. We are so quick to pick out things we love or hate about other individuals but do you consider those things about yourself?
Are you really so kind?
Do you really NEED that makeup?
Am I a hypocrite by accident…or by choice?
Is that girl really worth it?
Am I acting this way to impress someone?
Ask yourself real questions…and if you cannot…maybe just talk to someone about THEIRS because it's natural that you would then discuss your own thoughts. Maybe you'll be talking and BAM! There it is…something you always frown upon but realize you do it too. Maybe you'll change – maybe you won't.
I learned a lot about myself in 2009. I'll never know enough, but I'm on the right track.
I love honest people, so don't play games with me. Speak your mind.
I despise rude people. (Yes, there is a difference between rude and honest. Believe me.)
I trust too easily…but I probably won't change.
I love being a section leader. I love marching band. Always have – always will.
I think nature is cruel and beautiful.
I REALLYREALLYREALLY miss singing with a jazz band. Desperately.
I like the feeling right after I get out of the shower.
I choke down a lot of my harsh statements. There's no reason to jade other people.
I'm not really THAT cynical. Ha. Just enough.
It'll never be simple, so stop wishing.
Count your blessings.
I overanalyze. This isn't new, but I'm reminded daily.
I have a very different view about "faith"/"belief"/"spirituality" than I once did. It is still present…just altered.
I think people are intimidated by my drive. I know what I want and I get it. So what.
I care what my parents think.
Apathetic people piss me off beyond belief. Wasted talent. Uhg.
Space and time don't heal all wounds. Sometimes you're just going to love people…no matter what.
I like Alabama. Yep. You've got it.
So I found out that I can be really mean….like…REALLY MEAN. It usually doesn't leave my lips- not the terrible stuff- but my urge to be vindictive after you've hurt me is unsettling.
However, I have great self control. J
Also, I believe hatred and post-action guilt are useless emotions.
I can forgive.
You might think you're strong but someone can rip that from you in a matter of minutes. Someone can take your pride. Another will steal your integrity. One your dignity. And yet again, someone else your trust. You let it happen. You're broken and feel that nothing will be the same.
I have a plan. I like being practical.
But still….. I like surprises. <3
I care what people think even if I try not to… and lucky for me, sometimes trying does make it happen.
It's not the same- but you're better. You learned. You might still hurt but there are people who matter and they do make it okay. The best of those being yourself.
I'm not conservative, but I'm not liberal.
I'm a LOT crasser that I once was. Ask me to speak my mind- I will. Leave a dirty joke untold- I'll tell it. Try and fight with me about religion or politics- I dare you.
Maybe I do like Dr. Pepper.
I'm really snarky.
I'll NEVER be above apologizing. Saying sorry is important.
Your superior attitude isn't even worth my time, so trash it. Seriously.
I love Heroes. I love Jodi Piccoult. I love new phones. I love watching movies. I love my Snuggie. I think texting rocks. I love colored sharpies. I love new shirts. I like when people make me CDs. I like getting dirty – mud on my feet and everything. I enjoy filing my nails. I love that laugh when I throw my head back and my hair shakes everywhere. I love discovering new people. I love discovering me.
People aren't always what you think. Some are worse… but some will surprise you. J
I like my personality even if you don't.
I view so many things with newly opened eyes nowadays and it's enthralling.
I'm not really unique, special or innovative, but I am Julie Renee' Covington…and I do that better than anyone else.

No comments:
Post a Comment