It dawned on me last night that I haven't been alone in a very long time.
I started 'going out' with boys in 2004. haha
I started dating Joseph in June 2005; it ended in June 2007.
I was involved with Justin from around July 2007-August 2009.
Joel and I started dating in September of 2009 and it is now February 2010 - we're still together, but times are tough.
I was 15 the last time I was actually "single"... I'm 20 now. Hell, it's not like I've been married or engaged so I know it's not a huge deal, but I feel that I've come into adulthood with someone always at my side. I'm an advocate for independent women, but can I practice what I believe?

You see - my primary issue is that I'm obsessed with love. I think true happiness is shared and that loving is the key to a life worth living. I nurture people. I want to adore them, help them and appreciate them. I see people for their potential. However, for now, some things just aren't necessary. Are they necessary for anyone? ... I may not want to, but I'm sure I could function without you. I could learn.
I can wake up, brush my teeth and get dressed on my own.
I can make it through the day without texts saying I'm beautiful.
I can sleep in a bed alone.
I can go to church singular.
I'll still chew gum, even if I'm not preparing to kiss someone.
I can call friends on the phone.
I can go to a party alone.
I will put on my mascara for myself, not for anyone else. It's the one makeup product I do enjoy.
I can enjoy new shows and new movies with other people.
I'm smart.
I'm outspoken.
I'm witty.
I'm driven.
I'm passionate and compassionate.
I can be happy.
Mostly, I am fully capapble of looking into the mirror and seeing a girl worth having.

Hmm...I seemed to have the opposite problem. I had more girls like me in elementary school than my life since then. Hahaha! Haha. Ha...ha.
ReplyDeleteThis made me giggle. Really.
ReplyDelete