Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"It's about casting off the shell of what once was and embracing the mysteries of what is new." – MaryAnne from TrueBlood Season 2

Wow, MaryAnne….you might've been a self serving maenad who went crazy and sacrificed people to Dionysus, but at least some of your ideas were good. : )


 

In the past few weeks, I've been out with tons of people, read a lot of books, started classes, seen some movies, become obsessed with NCIS, done community service, visited with family, gone on vacation and revisited the world of love without expectation . I can't say I've been this happy in months. Things feel natural, finally. It's June 1 and I'm so pleased to have home wrapped around me like a safety blanket- or maybe it's more like stepping out of a pool that you were drowning in….that first gulp of air is absolutely imperative and important. That is how summer2010 feels. I have highschool friends all around me who laugh like I laugh and it is fantastic. I enjoy the sun. I enjoy the rain. Mostly, I enjoy walking at night. The heavy, wet but cool air of the south is not something you'll find anywhere else. And that's a beautiful thought.

Next week, I'll be running a theatre camp with my friend Bre and I couldn't be more excited. Or scared! They don't even have a production in mind. She and I will be responsible for all blocking, directing, costumes, etc. It shouldn't be too bad, right? After all….it's only about fifteen kids ages 5-12. Haha. I really am thrilled for the opportunity though.

As for tonight, my mom and I always eat Chinese together once a week and that is where I am headed. Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Well someone's having a good summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jooooolieeeee. I has miss you too.

    Me and my friend David have been playing acoustic duets here and there around the area. We do all covers, stuff like Stevie Ray, George Harrison and recently I've added a few of my own Joe Bonamassa faves (who, by the way is pure sex singing and playing guitar. If you likea da blues, download some stuff by him... or have me make you a CD. He's fantastic and I want to have his children.) to liven it up a bit. The Legs are gonna start booking around August, and you should definitely come see us. It's gonna be awesome.

    ReplyDelete